GE Heat Pump Water Heater
The GE heat pump water heater offers unique advantages when compared with the competition.
- GE offers a wide range of operating modes. Our favorite is the High Demand mode. Who of us wants to be in the shower and feel cold water running down our back? If the heat pump is not sufficient, there are two electric heating elements at 4500 watts maximum each, which will heat the water in no time!
- Also available is a remote mode which allows you to adjust the hot water heater from a remote location. In this way, you don't need to be at the heater to adjust the temperature.
- For those U.S. customers who enjoy buying a U.S. manufactured product, the GE heat pump water heater is listed with America At Work as a U.S. made product.
- Unlike many hot water heaters, this one comes with a limited 1-year labor warranty.
GE Heat Pump Water Heater: Specifications and Features
- Price: The GE Geospring is offered at a MSRP of $1299. However, you can find this heater for $1199 at most locations, and even $1077 at select online retailers.
- Energy Factor: This very important number, established by the Energy Star program, allows one to compare one heat pump water heater to another. The GeoSpring has an energy factor of 2.4. (As of 2013, the product with the highest energy factor scored a 2.75 and the product with the lowest energy factor scored a 2.2).
- Water Capacity: 50 gallons. This usually supplies hot water for a household of 2 to 4 people.
- First Hour Rating: This rating is the number of gallons of hot water the heater can supply in one hour of use (starting with a hot water heater that is full and at temperature). The first hour rating for the GE Geospring is 65 gallons.
- Noise Level: 55 dBA. This is usually equivalent to a small low or high pitched rumble (e.g. the sound of a dishwasher in the next room)
- Size: The diameter is 22.25 inches and it stands 60.5" tall. Without water it weighs 179 lbs. With water it weighs around 600 lbs.
- Electrical: It utilizes 208/240 volt, 60 Hz power and is required to be wired and protected by a 30 amp circuit.
- Required Room Size: The GE heat pump water heater must be installed in a conditioned room (between 45 F and 120 F) that is at least 700 cubic feet in size.
- Warranty: 10 year limited parts and one year limited labor.
- Back-Up Energy Source: Two electric heating elements ranging between 550 - 4500 W.
Return to Water Heaters
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.