Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump Water Heater
Accelera 300 Heat Pump Water Heater
Stiebel Eltron is a German-based company that offers a high quality heat pump water heater. Below are a few features that are unique:
- This water heater tank is designed to last. The heat exchanger is wrapped around the tank to avoid direct contact with potable water. This prevents potential contamination with the water and helps the heat exchanger to last longer and avoid scale build-up on the heat exchanger surface.
- The tank is glass lined. This also prevents the build-up of scale and lime.
Specifications and Features
- Price: The most common price available for the Accelera 300 is $2399. If you find it for a cost below this price, then you are getting a good deal.....(Don't forget to note the storage volume when comparing hot water heater prices. It makes a big difference!)
- Energy Factor: The energy factor is a number used for hot water heater comparison by the Energy Star program. The higher the energy factor, the more energy efficient that it is. As of the beginning of 2014, the highest energy factor for a heat pump water heater was 2.75 and the lowest was 2.2. The Stiebel Eltron heat pump water heater is slightly above average with an energy factor of 2.5.
- Water Capacity: 80 gallons. This is usually enough to handle a household of 4 to 5 people.
- First Hour Rating: The first hour rating is the number of gallons of hot water the heater can supply in one hour (starting with a full tank at operating temperature). The first hour rating of the Stiebel Eltron is 79 gallons.
- Noise Level: The Accelera emits 55 dBA of noise when standing near the unit. This is equivalent to hearing a low pitched rumble in the next room from where you are present.
- Size: The tank is 26 inches (660 mm) in diameter and 74 inches (1880 mm) in height. The shipping weight (without water) is 287 lbs and 953 lbs when filled with water.
- Electrical: The required electrical needs are 208/240 V, 60 Hz power with a 15 amp circuit.
- Required Room Size: Each heat pump water heater manufacturer establishes the minimum requirement for installation location room size. If the water heater were to be installed in a smaller room, it would cause the air temperature in the room to fluctuate significantly. For Stiebel Eltron, the installation room must be at least 800 square feet.
- Warranty: 10 year parts warranty (no labor warranty)
- Back-Up Energy Source: If the heat pump does not supply enough heat to maintain the desired hot water temperature, a back-up electric heater is energized to supply 1700 watts of heat. This is equivalent to the maximum heat pump output.
For more information visit the official website for the Stiebel Eltron heat pump hot water heater.
Return to Water Heater